4 ASX mining shares that have soared over 150% in a year

A happy miner pointing.A happy miner pointing.

The last 12 months have brought riches for those invested in these ASX mining shares.

Each of these companies has seen their share prices soar since this time last year, with one posting a whopping 486% gain.

So, which miners have provided such enviable returns? Let’s take a look.

4 ASX mining shares posting 150%+ gains in the last 12 months

The share price of lithium hopeful Winsome Resources Ltd (ASX: WR1) has been on a roll over the last 12 months, leaping 486% in that time to trade at $2.17.

The company is exploring and developing its four Canadian projects, Cancet, Adina, Sirmac-Clappier, and Decelles. Its stock has been bolstered by plenty of positive assay results in recent months.

Joining its ASX mining peer in the long-term green is rare eaths share Arafura Rare Earths Ltd (ASX: ARU). It’s gained 171% over the last 12 months to trade at 55.5 cents today.

It’s progressing with its Nolans Project, located in the Northern Territory. Hyundai and Kia signed offtake agreements for the project’s future production late last year.

From new energy commodities to old ones, coal miner Stanmore Resources Ltd (ASX: SMR) has seen its share price rocket around 200% since this time last year to trade at $3.66 today.

The stock has been bolstered by surging coal prices. The company also snapped up BHP Group Ltd (ASX: BHP)’s metallurgical coal joint venture, closing on an 80% stake around this time last year and acquiring the remaining 20% in October.

Finally, the Latin Resources Ltd (ASX: LRS) share price has surged 180% over the last 12 months. It’s trading at 11.5 cents today.

The ASX mining company is another lithium hopeful. But more than that, it’s also behind a number of projects exploring other critical metals.

Much of the stock’s gains over the last 12 months have come amid news of its Salinas Lithium Project.

The post 4 ASX mining shares that have soared over 150% in a year appeared first on The Motley Fool Australia.

FREE Beginners Investing Guide

Despite what some people may say – we believe investing in shares doesn’t have to be overwhelming or complicated…

For over a decade, we’ve been helping everyday Aussies get started on their journey.

And to help even more people cut through some of the confusion “experts’” seem to want to perpetuate – we’ve created a brand-new “how to” guide.

Yes, Claim my FREE copy!
*Returns as of March 1 2023

(function() {
function setButtonColorDefaults(param, property, defaultValue) {
if( !param || !param.includes(‘#’)) {
var button = document.getElementsByClassName(“pitch-snippet”)[0].getElementsByClassName(“pitch-button”)[0];
button.style[property] = defaultValue;

setButtonColorDefaults(“#0095C8”, ‘background’, ‘#5FA85D’);
setButtonColorDefaults(“#0095C8”, ‘border-color’, ‘#43A24A’);
setButtonColorDefaults(“#fff”, ‘color’, ‘#fff’);

More reading

Motley Fool contributor Brooke Cooper has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia’s parent company Motley Fool Holdings Inc. has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.

from The Motley Fool Australia https://ift.tt/ARq38lH

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s