Brickworks share price higher on record earnings, Goodman deal

three businessmen high five each other outside an office building with graphic images of graphs and metrics superimposed on the shot.

three businessmen high five each other outside an office building with graphic images of graphs and metrics superimposed on the shot.

The Brickworks Limited (ASX: BKW) share price is having a positive finish to the week.

At one stage today, the building products company’s shares were up 4% to $21.00.

The Brickworks share price has since pulled back but remains up 1% to $20.30 at the time of writing.

Why is the Brickworks share price rising?

Investors have been bidding the Brickworks share price higher today after the company announced the launch of the Brickworks Manufacturing Trust.

According to the release, it is a new 50.1% owned joint venture manufacturing property trust with Goodman Group (ASX: GMG) that will initially house a portfolio of 15 manufacturing plants with an asset value of $416 million.

These will be tenanted by the company’s Australian Building Products businesses, such as Austral Bricks, Bristile Roofing, Austral Masonry and Austral Precast, on long leases. In fact, the weighted average lease expiry (WALE) will initially be 16 years.

Brickworks will retain 50.1% ownership of the new trust, with the remaining 49.9% interest sold to Goodman.

Trading update

In addition to the Brickworks Manufacturing Trust announcement, the company provided an update on its performance in FY 2022.

Brickworks advised that it expects to report record Property earnings in FY 2022, with Property EBIT likely to be in excess of $620 million. This compares to Property EBIT of $253 million in FY 2021.

The company’s CEO, Lindsay Partridge, explained that this was driven by major developments and changes to account policies.

During the second half of the financial year, we have made strong progress on a number of major developments within the Industrial JV Trust. At Oakdale West, new facilities for Coles, Woolworths, Australia Post and Telstra are all approaching practical completion. In a change of accounting policy, and consistent with our JV partner Goodman, we now recognise developments within the Trust at fair market value, if they are approaching practical completion, at the end of each period.

In addition, management revealed that its Building Products EBIT operations in both Australia and North America are expected to be higher in FY 2022 compared to the prior year. Partridge said:

EBIT from our Australian Building Products business is expected to be in excess of 20% higher than the prior year, not including the additional profit from the sale of properties into the new Brickworks Manufacturing Trust.

[In] North America, we expect EBIT in financial year 2022 to be more than double the prior year, including the impact of a number of quarry sites sold during the second half.

The post Brickworks share price higher on record earnings, Goodman deal appeared first on The Motley Fool Australia.

Wondering where you should invest $1,000 right now?

When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for over ten years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.* Scott just revealed what he believes could be the “five best ASX stocks” for investors to buy right now. These stocks are trading at near dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks they could be great buys right now

See The 5 Stocks
*Returns as of July 7 2022

(function() {
function setButtonColorDefaults(param, property, defaultValue) {
if( !param || !param.includes(‘#’)) {
var button = document.getElementsByClassName(“pitch-snippet”)[0].getElementsByClassName(“pitch-button”)[0];
button.style[property] = defaultValue;
}
}

setButtonColorDefaults(“#0095C8”, ‘background’, ‘#5FA85D’);
setButtonColorDefaults(“#0095C8”, ‘border-color’, ‘#43A24A’);
setButtonColorDefaults(“#fff”, ‘color’, ‘#fff’);
})()

More reading

Motley Fool contributor James Mickleboro has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia’s parent company Motley Fool Holdings Inc. has positions in and has recommended Brickworks. The Motley Fool Australia has positions in and has recommended Brickworks. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.

from The Motley Fool Australia https://ift.tt/4apoYe2

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s